Pages

Monday, May 16, 2016

Shattering the Expected

I got to Denver last Monday, May 9 and it has been very different being back!

I'm a very comparative person (one of my weaknesses). Last time I was here, I had nothing to compare my upcoming experience to. I had never lived with people for 5 months straight, outside of my family. I knew I was getting myself into a very different, very new experience going into DTS. It was an amazing 5 months filled with new people, places, and experiences.

When I got here last Monday, I unintentionally had comparisons stacked up in my mind of people I would encounter, things I would do, a schedule I would keep, and where I would be for the next 3 months. Now here I am, a week in, and I'm again having to let the expectations fall in order for God to do what He intends.

I'm having to be vulnerable with new, different people, guarding pieces of me which I have mentally put blocks around. Different struggles are around me this time with different emotions and different challenges.

Really, this is a hard update to write, seeing as I'm not sure what to say. I have been trying to be more intentional, open, and realistic with updating y'all, yet here I sit, listening to Switchfoot, not quite sure what to say, other than it has been a very strange week. Don't get me wrong; it has been amazing to meet everyone and start building relationships and starting classes today, but it has really been a strange experience which I wasn't quite anticipating.

So that's where I'll wrap up for today. I guess it's a cliff-hanger, in a way, and yet is completely fitting, seeing as life isn't full of perfect experiences wrapped in a little bow. Today, I'm at a cliff-hanger in the middle of a season, so I will leave you with the same, and a simple encouragement to push through the tough, frustrating times. Even through hard times, God is still good. Through the circumstances, don't forget God's character and the goodness He holds in Who He is.

God bless and love from me,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment