Pages

Friday, July 10, 2015

Simply Week 8

So much happened last week that I can hardly just title this post relating to the topic of the week in class.

I am continuing to love everything about YWAM Denver! I love the base location, the amazing community, the worship, the speakers, the atmosphere (or lack there of in the mile high city!) There is always something to do- . There's almost always someone playing volleyball after dinner, or someone hanging out in the basement and sometimes that means going to get frozen yogurt at 9:30 at night with a random group of people.

Last week, Greg Devries spoke on evangelism. It was interesting to gain a new perspective. As he spoke, the excitement to go on outreach continued to grow at the prospect of getting to share the love of Jesus with people every day in tangible ways!

Like the rest of the United States, we had a three day weekend- which was so appreciated!

On Thursday night, we kicked off 24 hour worship that went from Thursday night at 7pm to Friday at 7pm. All through the week, they had announced the opportunity to sign up for an hour slot in order to lead worship. I thought about it, but decided that it was outside of my comfort zone and I didn't want to do it... God had different plans. On Wednesday during class, Greg repeated something I've heard throughout my school here, "You'll get out of it what you put into it." Conviction. I left class and immediately looked for someone to play guitar so I could help lead a set and put more into this season so I can get more out of it.

Needless to say, at 5 Friday morning, I was up on the stage helping carry the torch and worshiping my God. I spent a lot of time in the worship center over the 24 hours. God showed me himself again in ways I hadn't felt in a long time and it was so refreshing!

I would classify Fourth of July weekend as one of my favourite weekends so far during this DTS! I am so thankful for the community of YWAM Denver and the blessing of getting to be here! A large group of us walked a mile or so to the sports complex down the road and got to enjoy just hanging out, playing frisbee, laughing together, and living in freedom- and watching some really cool fireworks!

As always, prayers are so appreciated! If you would like to donate, feel free to contact me and I am absolutely willing to get you some more info on how to do that!

Thank you so much, and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment