In the last week, we have continued ministry here in Dagupan. We have continued leading small group bible studies, as well as playing with kids, visiting the jail, among other ministries.
On Tuesday, we got to go to 100 Islands National Park. It was a beautiful sight as we looked out over the green islands dotting the clear blue waters. We were able to see giant clams, accidentally take in mouthfuls of saltwater, and jump into the ocean from a bat filled cave! Definitely a day to remember and an adventure I would recommend to anyone visiting the Philippines!
One of my favorite stories from the last week was when we were leading a Bible study. I was partnered with my teammate Jonathan and we had split up into different homes throughout the community. As Jonathan and I tag-teamed talking about Moses and the burning bush, the ladies would translate and share bits of their testimonies with us. Every time we enter into a group I am again reminded of the fact that everyone has a story and something to make them who they are today.
Each ministry time is different as we get to know people more. Each Thursday we've been here, we have gone to a youth fellowship (the same one each Thursday). Last night was our 4th and final evening with these young people (who are around my age). We got to participate in a worship and praise marathon and had our latest night yet, not getting back to base until after 11, with an early start in the morning. The youth that gather there are awesome! God is going to use that group to change the world. The way they pour out their hearts and dance with reckless abandon was another blessing to see!
We are down to only one week left here in Dagupan before we head down to Cebu for our last 3 weeks in the Philippines. It's hard to believe outreach is over halfway done and I only have 5 weeks left of my DTS (including debrief back in Denver). But if I know anything, it is that God is not finished yet with this time!
As always, thank you so much for your prayer and encouragement!
God bless,
Erin
No comments:
Post a Comment