It's only been a week (or so) since I last posted, but it feels like forever!
While in Bogo, I got to fight being sick for the last half! I ended up spending a total of 6 days in bed with a day of travel back to Cebu and a trip to the doctor thrown in there. I was able to get meds from the doctor to get rid of the fever, sore throat, aches, and unrelated rash I had. Through being sick, I also ended up missing the last week of ministry which was really disappointing.
My team finished off their ministry with helping at a building site for houses in Bogo, as well as speaking in churches, working at YWAM Cebu's farm, and blessing people with prayer on a treasure hunt.
My meds kicked in and I was well enough to go with the team on our last off day to a waterfall where we got to go swimming, sing some videoke and then feast in the evening. Thursday was full of moving a large pile of dirt at the worksite of the base's dorm renovation, cleaning, packing, and our love feast in the evening where we got to enjoy some pork lechon (a whole pig roasted over the fire).
We left Cebu early in the morning on Friday for Manila, where we spent all day at the SM Mall of Asia. We ate delicious American style burgers, watched a movie, and ate some Korean BBQ. We finished the night with a ferris wheel ride while watching fireworks explode over the pier! It was a great ending to the last 2 months here in the Philippines and it was good to have a day off before the long day of travel ahead of us!
We are now waiting for our flight from Manila to Seoul-Incheon before our 11 hour flight over the ocean to LA, and then ending our Saturday in Denver!
It's good to be going home!
Prayers continue to be greatly appreciated as we have so much travel ahead of us, as well as prayers for a good week of debrief as we all close this chapter and get ready for what is to come next!
Prayers continue to be greatly appreciated as we have so much travel ahead of us, as well as prayers for a good week of debrief as we all close this chapter and get ready for what is to come next!
God bless!
Erin
Erin
No comments:
Post a Comment