Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

And the Winner Is...

Hey everyone!! I am extremely excited to let y'all know a little bit of what has come to be in the last couple months since I didn't leave for Phase 2 in January like I was intending.

First, I got two new jobs. I had already put in my two weeks at Domino's when I thought I was going to be leaving for Denver in January. Since I didn't leave, it seemed like a good time to try something new! I'm currently working at Carter's (a children's clothing store) and Great Wolf Lodge, (in the spa where it's quiet and away from most of the lovely [and overwhelming] children). I've been working there and it has definitely been a new experience! Working with baby clothes, skin care products, and make up is not something I've ever done before.

While I was job hunting, I also had my mind racing a lot trying to figure out what I was doing next. With so many options in front of me, it has proved very difficult trying to make actual decisions. Finally I decided on and applied to the School of Worship at YWAM Denver. It's a school during the summer term and starts on May 9th, 2016. I'll be at the same base where I did DTS and I am so excited!! I have wanted to do some sort of School of Worship since I went to my first Acquire the Fire when I was in 8th grade. I'm so stoked that this door has opened up and I have the opportunity for this dream to become reality!

Honestly, I'm a little overwhelmed and a little bit terrified, afraid that I'll be out of my league when it comes to the talent I'll be surrounded by and I'm not quite sure what I'm getting myself into but I am looking forward to the challenge!

*There is so much more to the story with how I made my choice, as well as some of the other options I was looking at and more to my current journey. If you'd like to know more, I like telling stories and I'd love to grab coffee (or Skype!) sometime and chat!*

As with basically any YWAM school, I'm not able to work during the school, and so will have to pay for it in entirety as soon as possible. My goal is to have my school fully funded before I leave in order to be able to fully focus on the school. I will be continually working until I leave, but even with the numbers I've run, I will not be able to do it all on my own. I have some funds I had put toward Phase 2, which can transfer over to School of Worship, and with what I think I'm able to save from working, I will still have around $1,500 left which I need to raise.

In order to raise funds, I am always accepting donations (cash, check, etc). I am also selling home made arm knit chunky scarves for $20/ea (please message me if you're interested and/or would need shipping).

I am really excited for this School of Worship opportunity! If you have any questions, comments, prayer requests, or just want to talk at all, please feel free to message/text/call me. I will be keeping this blog updated over the next two months as I am on this road back to Denver!

God bless and love from me,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment