Pages

Friday, March 4, 2016

5 Months Later

On March 9th, it will have been 5 months since I graduated from DTS! It's crazy to me how fast that time has passed and how much has happened in those quick months. Seriously, where did February go?! I had a lot of good intentions over the last 5 months to post more pictures and to tell in more detail about what I did during DTS. Well, life got involved and I didn't follow through. However, one post has been hanging out in the back of my mind that I have needed to post. So this is it!

 The day before grad, we were spending time acknowledging our school director and basically thanking him for the ways he had poured into our lives over the last 5 months. I had been fighting a few different bugs for about two weeks so as my nose tried to run off my face, I had a tissue in hand and I was sniffling constantly. It was not the way I wanted to spend my last week in Denver! When I finished thanking him, he stared at me and asked if I would be willing to speak at grad the following day. I agreed and I was super excited for the opportunity to speak to people once more before my DTS journey came to a close.

Over the next 24 hours, my mind was racing as I tried to figure out what I would say. I had people giving me encouragements, but I also had people calling me out and challenging me to be real and go deeper. To actually show some vulnerability, which is not my favorite thing, to say the least. So, long story short, here's a recording of my speaking at grad and a little bit more of my experience over the course of the school and a few bits of what God taught me during DTS.


No comments:

Post a Comment